1. Make sure you network in your job field. (ie-Happy Hour, Seminars, etc.)
2. Have a business card ALWAYS handy, and if you don't have one from a current job, then you can get some made for free at www.vistaprint.com
3. Have a CURRENT resume on hand. Always. That way you are prepared the moment you meet someone that asks for your resume.
4. Always have a copy of your resume on your computer at home and also a printed out version kept in your car.
5. Invest in yourself by continuing your education. Even six week workshops shows potential employers that you are investing in yourself.
6. Always keep a good suit ready to go in your closet, even if your job field is casual.
7. Show up to job interviews early and never smoke just before your interview. Smokers have a much lower hiring ratio because most times the recruiter can smell the smoke on the candidate. Most companies stray from hiring smokers due to increased medical premiums.
7. Always ask for the salary range of the job you are interviewing for. Never put "open" on your job application. Always put the salary that you are looking for.